But, then the Lord pricked my heart as I read this. Ann's words have a way of doing that to me. The Lord has used her time and time again to speak to my heart. I am so grateful.
You see, I don't need a "word" of the year. I don't need to pick something just to pick something. I want a theme...I want a focus...I want a word to return to when the moments are hard and the days are long.
There are several words that I have pondered over.
All worthy of my focus and attention. But, when I thought of *the* word, I knew it was the one. I heard a gentle Whisper telling me that it was time for me to rest in Him. You would think with my word last year, abide, that I would have learned to rest in Him. :) But I still have so far to go!
This resting is very specific, though. I'm not thinking it will be a year of resting as in I don't accomplish anything. :) But, the resting I'm wanting to dwell on is resting in His goodness. I want to rest in His love for me.
This word, rest, means a lot of different things in my heart...
- This means that when my feelings tell me otherwise, I choose to rest in His love.
- This means that when I feel offended, I choose to rest in His protection for me.
- This means that when I am swayed by negative thoughts, I will pray towards resting in His goodness.
- This means that instead of trying to work or feel my way to happiness, I will choose to rest in the fact that He is enough.
- This means that when the old, familiar lies are whispered to my ear from the enemy, I will choose to rest in His truth.
More of Him, less of me. That seems to be a theme in my life...I often feel there is just too much of me all over the place. My words. My feelings. My thoughts. Me, me, me. I get so tired of me! I want more of HIM. His Words. His Thoughts. His Love. His Goodness.
Pray for me, friends. Pray that I will not choose the old, familiar path of dwelling on my feelings. My feelings are so all over the place. My feelings are up and down in one day's time in staggering amounts. I hate it. I need to stop focusing on the roller coaster and focus on His STEADFAST & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for me.
Rest. Pray that I can rest in Him for my security, my peace and my hope.
"May Your unfailing love rest upon us, Lord, as we put our hope in You." Psalm 33:22